1. Always do the right thing, even when no one is looking
2. Open, honest communication 100% of the time.
3. Work hard throughout the day; minimize distractions and then GO HOME!
4. Take care of yourself; exercise, eat healthy and have a hobby you are passionate about.
5. Treat people with kindness and respect; even when they may not deserve it.
6. Don’t settle for anything less than 100% effort.
7. Don’t get down when things don’t go your way; things always have a way of bouncing back.
8. Rarely does anyone succeed the first time; failure is a necessary teacher.
9. Be open to learning from your mistakes and don’t repeat them!
10. Save time for love; love of nature, people and yourself!
Don't fall prey to the mindset of same ol', same ol'.......
There is a cage containing five apes. In the middle of the cage hangs a banana on a string, with a step stool below it. Before long, an ape goes up the steps and starts to climb towards the banana. As soon as the ape touches the banana, the apes are sprayed with a sudden burst of cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result and the process continues until all the apes are sprayed with cold water.
When the next ape tries to climb the steps for the banana, the other apes try to stop him even though no water sprays them. One of the five apes is removed from the cage and is replaced with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and tries to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the apes attack him. After another attempt he is again attacked. He knows now that if he attempts to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.
Next, another of the original five apes is removed and replaced with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Again, a third of the original five apes is replaced. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.
After replacing the fourth and fifth of the original apes there are no longer any apes that have been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the banana. Why not?
"Because that's the way it's always been around here."